Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The morning?

What exactly is the morning? Is it when Sun rises in your locality, or is it when your clock is, say at 6:30 am? I never botherd about this question before, because in India there is not much difference in two phenomenons. But at a place like this, when the Sun-rise in winter is at 8:30 and people go for their work around 7:30, it does matter. Thank God, I am not bound to any fixed schedule! I decide daily to get up at 7:00, keep the alarm clock ready for it and then at 7:00 when the alarm rings, I realise that even the Sun is sleeping, so what's the point in me getting up! So I turn off the alarm and sleep again till Sun wakes me up. I am used to get up this way only! And today when I got up (at 8:15, I sleep here at around 11:00 pm!), a poem from my Class III Hindi book came into my mind. I distictly remember it was the first poem in the book and was written by Ayodhya Singh Upadhyay 'Harioudh' almost 100 years back! The poem (to the best of my recollection abilities), where a mother wakes up her child is:

"utho laal ab aankhein kholo
paani laayi hoon, mu.h dholo

beeti raat kamal-dal phoole
unke ooper bhanvre jhoole

chidiya chahak uthi pedo par
behne lagi hawa ati sundar

bhor huyi sooraj ug aaya
nabh mein huyi sunhari kaaya

aasmaan mein chhaayi laali
hawa bahi sukh dene waali

nanhi-nanhi kiranein aayein
phool ha.se kaliyaan muskaayein

itana sundar samay na kho
mere pyaare ab mat so"

Pata nahi yahaan bhor kab hoti hai?

6 Comments:

At Tue Dec 06, 06:53:00 PM 2005, Blogger Amit said...

@Aditya: Please see the Usage note here.

 
At Wed Dec 07, 09:26:00 AM 2005, Blogger Basudeb Dasgupta said...

amit ji aap to research karke likhte hain lagta hai??? ya likhne ke baad research kiya?

 
At Wed Dec 07, 11:51:00 AM 2005, Blogger Amit said...

agar kabhi kuchh link mein dena hota hai to pehle research karte hain ki kis web-site ki link achchhi rahegi. lekin is waale blog ko likhne ke baad jo comment aaya to usko resolve karne ke liye research karni padi :(

 
At Mon Apr 28, 05:57:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sanjeev said...

I was trying to remember the Full poem, "Prarthana" from bal bharti and was caught by surprise that you had it, awsome.
I am sanjeev and did elementary schooling from Bilaspur , MP. Can you share something about you
sanjeevsaul@yahoo.com

 
At Wed Oct 01, 10:28:00 AM 2008, Blogger Yogendrasingh said...

अमित आपने ये कविता लिख कर बड़ा अच्छा काम किया है, मैं बहुत दिनों से खोज रहा था.
आपका बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद .

Yogendra Singh
abupur@gmail.com

 
At Wed Oct 01, 10:28:00 AM 2008, Blogger Yogendrasingh said...

अमित आपने ये कविता लिख कर बड़ा अच्छा काम किया है, मैं बहुत दिनों से खोज रहा था.
आपका बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद .

Yogendra Singh
abupur@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home