Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Shawshank Redemption

Some things are better late than never. Though lately, I happened to watch yesterday a 1994 movie, The Shawshank Redemption - one of the most beautiful movies I have seen in recent times. The movie is about a person in a prison for a life sentence, about his inmates, and most importantly about hope. Today on IMDB I found that the movie is all time great - ranked second!

The courageous attempt of Andy (played by Tim Robbins) to escape from prison reminded me of "Kitani naavo mein kitani baar" a Jnanpith awarded work by Agyeya, particularly the lines "kuhaase mein pehchaanta hua tumhaara hi prabha-mandal - aashvast, aaklaant... main".

Only thing I can say about the movie - one who doesn't watch it, will probably miss something.

3 Comments:

At Thu Dec 15, 07:06:00 PM 2005, Blogger kate said...

I'm curious...What was No.1?

The Shawshank Redemption is truly inspiring- reminds you that no situation is entirely hopeles..:)

 
At Sun Dec 18, 04:40:00 PM 2005, Blogger Amit said...

All time number one movie in IMDB is "The Godfather". You could have clicked HTML links in my post to answer your query!

 
At Thu Jan 12, 03:20:00 PM 2006, Blogger Narasimhan said...

Dear Amit,

I came to your blog through Anand of locana and checked this post on shawshank redemption. It is a really an amazing movie and rightly said "better late than never".

May I suggest you "Dead poets society" another uplifting movie.

Regards
Narasimhan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home