Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Radio days are back

"Ye aakashwani hai, ab aap....". Some twenty years back, this was the fastest source in my home to remain connected with the rest of the world. I explicitly remember, we had a "transistor radio set" while many of my friends had got TVs and audio cassette players. Wow! That was something, you could listen your favourite song anytime you want!

Today, I have a decent collection of my favourite music, something better than audio cassettes and something better then those old cassette players. But to decide which song shall I play, I take a lot of time (after all Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi....). Rather, I prefer listening radio. Alas, there is no radio set which can catch my favourite signals across the miles!

Finally, I got a solution and it was very satisfying to know that there are online radio stations which match my taste. Thank God! But then when I am mostly listening to these online radios, why did I spend so much time in grabbing my favourite music? Well, Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi! Everything is back to the initial point, except that I do not need to tune the radio, but click something non-existent (computer screen) with some other non-existing thing (mouse pointer).

8 Comments:

At Thu Apr 20, 08:34:00 AM 2006, Blogger Nikhil Joshi said...

and do you know, you are listening to yet another non-existing thing...the digital voices...:D

with todays digisound world, you hardly need a real instrument to create the voice...even crows can sing in human languages!!

 
At Thu Apr 20, 11:14:00 AM 2006, Blogger Vivek said...

Nice to read the information on a nonexistent media! :).

Achha abhi pata chala tum gayab kyun rehte ho! :)

 
At Fri Apr 21, 11:18:00 AM 2006, Blogger Dr Shanta Laishram said...

nonexistent media?

 
At Fri Apr 21, 02:24:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amit said...

@Nikhil: What exists and what does not? It's a difficult question to answer. Prove that "with respect to you", I exist and not just a part of your dream. Hey wait... first prove that you exist!

@Vivek: Main gayab nahi rehta bhai, bas ghoomne gaya tha, isilye khiDki band thi ghar ki kuchh din tak.

@Shanta: Shant shant.... sawaal na poochho.

 
At Sun Apr 23, 07:38:00 AM 2006, Blogger रवि रतलामी said...

depending upon your geographical location, you can always opt for Worldspace radio (read my review- http://hindini.com/ravi/?p=159) - the digital radio service with 40 channels.

 
At Mon Apr 24, 05:04:00 AM 2006, Blogger Nikhil Joshi said...

@amit:

Since you are talking to me, I exist iff you and inverse...so, let's prove I exist.

Now, consider that I don't exist...that implied you don't...but it is contradictory, since you know that (atleast, w.r.t.) you exist...and therefore the assumption, that I don't exist is wrong one....so I exist :D

 
At Mon Apr 24, 05:06:00 AM 2006, Blogger Nikhil Joshi said...

and, it's not the question, wheteher something exists or not...it is the question, whether the thing exists in the very form others percieve....I mean a piano sound from my synth. is not a piano sound due to hammering on the strings :(...it is digitally 1 or 0.....

That way, you are right: none of us exist the way we are perceived......

a topic for a blog...i will try writting something soon :DD

 
At Fri May 05, 05:13:00 PM 2006, Blogger Manish Kumar said...

I just love baawra man from Hazaro khwahishein aisi. And radio....just bring nostalgic feelings from the past.. binaca geetmala....sushil doshi hindi cricket commentary..bbc Hindi service...vividh bharti..the list goes on and on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home