Sunday, January 01, 2006

A great week

What will you do in Christmas Holidays? People asked me few weeks back and I said I don't know. I was thinking of passing holidays like just other working days with monitor in the front and black-board in the back. When I came to know that the heating system of the institute will be shut down during this period, and it will be practically impossible for me to sit inside my office room, I decided to do something.

Planned to visit Paris, but the plan failed. Then I decided to move around the whole of Belgium in one week with some friends. In this one week, I could see almost every part of this small country - from Bruges to Namur and from Antwerp to Brussels. The best part of Brussels was the trip of Mini-Europe, a fun park where they have kept miniature of all major sites in Europe. Another major attraction was the Old England Music Museum, where all kinds of Musical instruments from all parts of world are kept. Best thing is that you can listen the sound of the instruments you are watching with a microphone. Here is a view of the city from fifth floor of Old England building.




and here is the beautiful clock at Antwerp station.



The week was great and I am back to work from tomorrow. I'll try to put photos on the net soon.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 03, 02:05:00 PM 2006, Blogger Basudeb Dasgupta said...

aap to bade maje mein hain lag raha hai. kuch ganit-charcha bhi kar rahen hai ki bas aise hi?

 
At Fri Jan 06, 04:33:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amit said...

haan bhai kyoon nahi. yahaan time bahut hai. padhai bhi masti bhi :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home