Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Foie Gras: Revisited

Last month I wrote a post Foie Gras: A Cruel Food. While roaming around the streets of Antwerp last week, I came across this sign-board:



The caption Voer voor sadisten (Dutch) translates to Food for sadists. I am happy that there is an organisation GAIA (Global Action in the Interest of Animals) working against cruelty on animals.

"Why are you a vegetarian"? This is a Frequently Asked Question here. Difficult to answer! When I say, "This is the way I have been brought up", they find it surprising, or even funny! Now I have found an even funnier answer. I'll tell them that I am vegetarian because I am a die-heart fan of Kate Winslet, who is a vegetarian.

One should never make a serious attempt to answer the questions of the form "Why are you the way you are"?

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 03, 07:48:00 PM 2006, Blogger Basudeb Dasgupta said...

Thanks for the info abt Winslet. Now I also know what to reply to that question ;-) I remember having seen Titanic in the theatres 13 times *sigh* and once even in Hindi! And yeah, watch "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" its beautiful.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 04:23:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amit said...

"Eternal Sunshine....." was here in the theaters recently. I'll definitely watch it. Hey! Titanic in Hindi must have been a disaster! I am just trying to imagine the transliterated dialogue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home