Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I could do it!

No surprise that I am a very bad cook. I won't blame myself for that. I was never forced by the circumstances to learn cooking. But now, when I have no choice, I have realised the possibility of a good cook within me!

Yesterday, a very strong urge to eat Desi khaana forced me to do googling and download recipes to cook mast spicy Bhaaji. I decided to try my hands on Aaloo-Gobhi Masala and collected all the ingredients from super-market. This being the first time, I decided to remain faithful to the downloaded instructions and not to apply my innovative ideas. Outcome was great! I had never imagined that I can make such tasty things. It was perhaps the most satisfying meal of my life!

When I was a kid, I used to wonder why all ladies wait with a pen and a paper for cook shows on TV. I always changed the Channel when I saw some big chef giving instructions to make things called Pasta Hot Pot or Mushroom Yum Yum. And now only, after so many years I am realising the importance of these cook shows. Truly said, "apni karni ka fal sabko milta hai".

3 Comments:

At Wed Jan 04, 05:43:00 PM 2006, Blogger samudrika said...

Hmmm. Maybe liking something you cook has something to do with the physocological thing about the amount of effort that you put into making it.

Like a scientist, I suggest an independant opinion!

 
At Wed Jan 04, 06:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger Basudeb Dasgupta said...

Congrats...I too learnt to make proper fulka chapatis and a aloo sabzi this time at home from my Mom. It really is satisfying, I agree.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 04:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amit said...

@Samudrika: Agreed! Amount of effort is one of the factors..... but that doesn't discard the fact that I have turned from a bad cook into a good one. :)

@Basu: Hey! It's too early for you to learn all this stuff. But don't listen to me. You are on the right track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home